3.21.2010

I'm currently doing a lot of different homework for all my different english classes:
In Lit we have a "woman in fiction" cumulative essay due in a month or so, so I read Cat's Eye and did a journal for it the other day, just remarking on different aspects, character traits, themes, or feminist qualities.
Now I'm embarking upon a huuuge and VERY DIFFICULT quest.
GRAVITY'S RAINBOW by Pynchon.
So far the most confusing book I have ever read. I'm on page 120 and I've re-read and re-read, and I have eight pages of journals too. It's hard because I have to do journals for my english class AND for my lit project, so I've got two notebooks out.
I've been listening to a lot of Handel today, classical music is definitely the easiest to study to.. and it's best with Lit.. I need a blank mind to be able to focus for Lit...
Anyways, Gravity's Rainbow is consuming me. it really is.
I have never spent so long reading a book before, it usually only takes me a day or a few hours, but this is a goddamn quest.

No comments:

Post a Comment