3.07.2010

Oh, the Oscars

So I came down with Strep Throat recently and got to miss quite a bit of school, which was too bad, (falling behind in ap lit is never a good thing), but in the week I was sick I watched inglorious basterds, donnie darko, clockwork orange, No country for old Men, New York I love you, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, and whatever Oscar picks I could find on the interweb.
Suffice to say, my mind is full of images and inspiration, and I just finished watching the Oscars.
I am not dissapointed by the awesome flamboyancy of Neil Patrick Harris (How could I be?)
but moreso by the predictability of the Oscars.
Tell me this:
isn't an important element of this prestiguos awards show supposed to be that element of suprise?
That finger-nail chewing, lip-biting, wonder, which makes the viewer feel like their small, insignificant person is involved in this glamourous event?
My mom was suprised because I called almost EVERY SINGLE WINNER.
And no, it wasn't because I know a lot about film, (having a close friend who wants to be a director helps, though) but because I watched Oprah once. She called it, everyone called it.
My God it was a let down to know that the whole womans-rights thing was going to sweep the Oscars.
Yes, I am a woman, good job for you ladies, but is it really neccessary for everyone to get so worked up about it all? I mean, isn't the fact that Jason Reitman made a down to earth cute film important? Or, maybe the fact that James Cameron dominated in the box offices, making more in than the Hurt Locker made in two hours?
Maybe I'm just on a tangent, but still...

Before I leave I would like to point out that I purchase a pair of UV 400 sunglasses which have been the object of much debate in my social life as of late, mainly  because one of my best friends who shall not be named (Evan), keeps laughing every time he see's me in them, remarking how if any pieces of flying metal or shards of glass come in my direction, I'll be the one laughing. I like them.

No comments:

Post a Comment