3.18.2010


I find that the only way to articulate who I am is by telling people what kind of movies I like, or music.
Maybe that sounds a bit general, broad... but how the fuck am I supposed to summarize who I am as a human being in words, or sentences.. with punctuation. I'm doing this thing right now, where i'm supposed to outline my life paths and everything, and I want to punch the creator of this thing in the mouth.
I mean, a- I am practically a baby to this world and even I know that you can't predicate anything about your future, or "life paths"
that's like asking me to give them my future postal code.
This whole future bullshit really bothers me too.
Ever since you get into elementary school they (note the omniprescence of "they", they meaning of course the ultimate 'stick it to the man' in any sort of industry, govt, etc) try to shove career paths down your throat: sciences make money, arts don't. But they promote both, and when you get to highschool you get to choose a few extra courses. I remember the first courses I got to school were in ninth grade, and I took Sewing and Acting. All I have to show for that are a pair of awesome boxers I made, a pincushion, and a bunch of monlogues that I wrote for drama, but sort of sucked at acting out.
Then you get into the grade ten, where they stick you in planning and make you go online and take all these tests that are supposed to figure it out for you. My number one choice was to be a Vet. and no I'm not talking about the military kind.. although that would be pretty crazy.
Basically, what I'm getting at here, is that the indoctrination bullshit of public education really pisses me off something. And if I end up relying on my fallback, fallback, fallback plan, and I go into teaching, hopefully I can try and do something about that.
I don't remember the point of why I started this.
The college I'm going to next year looks fun.
Besides the courses, honest to god I am really looking forward to all the skytraining I get to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment